FEAR. Everyone has it. Our world is surrounded by it, and our government banks on the fact that they can control us through it. FEAR has become a major part of our current society. But how can we truly live free healthy lives if we are paralyzed by fear?
The undeniable truth is, we can’t. And those in power stay there based on the assumption that we will remain paralyzed by it.
So how do we become fearless in the face of fear?
We learn to use fear as our friend.
That’s right I said it, fear can be your friend. It can be your best friend actually, if you allow it to.
You see, we are so programed to believe that all fear is bad and that when we feel it we must stop doing whatever we are dong, and instead, do nothing. In fact, most of our societal messages are based around the fact that we will get scared and then either stay complacent, or do whatever the message wants us to do.
We have been taught to fear disease, fear terrorists, fear losing our jobs, fear being different, fear money, fear God, fear the IRS, fear things that aren’t “FDA Approved”, and so on.
Our lives have been over taken by this notion of fear. It is powerful and most of society is paralyzed by it. We have allowed this to happen to ourselves by allowing other people to push their fear onto us. In the process we have lost a great deal of our ingenuity as Americans and our freedom as human beings.
But, its OK, because we CAN get it back!
One of the most powerful things we can do when we feel fear is acknowledge it. Fear is there to help us and guide us—when and only when it is used properly.
Our innate fear mechanism is there to protect us from harm and tell us when we might need to fight back, or remove ourselves from danger. Fight or flight is natures way of protecting us.
It is only when the flight takes over continuously in our lives that we start to suffer. We need to start to tune into more of the fight.
When is the last time you didn’t go for something you wanted because of fear? Most likely you can think of several examples.
Don’t worry I have been there too, tons of times! But what I have learned is this….
We must learn to acknowledge that fear is there and THANK IT, and then do whatever it is we wanted to do anyways. (Of course maintaining that what we want to do is legal and doesn’t harm another humans)
But by acknowledging that your fear exists and thanking it for being there to protect you, you will instantly start to release some of it’s power over you.
PLUS, fear is not real! It is just a perception that we allow to exist. I love the notion that fear stands for FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL. Even just saying that phrase releases a lot of its perceived power.
So why do we want to thank our fear and release it?
Simple. Because life is too short to not do the things we want to do.
Nothing is this life is guaranteed, and we never know how long we have here on this earth. So it is vital that we use our time wisely doing the things we want to do. Right?
I mean think about it.. what is scarier then not living the life you want? Nothing right?
So what the heck are you waiting for? Just go for it!
The next time you feel fearful use these 6 empowering tips to make fear your friend.
- BREATHE– All to often we forget how powerful our breath is for clarity and power. Breathing releasing natural chemicals in our brain that makes us stronger mentally and physically. In fact, take a deep breath right now….see don’t you feel better?
- CHANNEL YOUR INNER CHILD- Children are fearless for the most part, until we teach them not to be. Some of that is for their protection and some is their souls natural desire to experience life. Tapping into this childhood energy can change our lives as adults. Think of a time that you were scared and you did something anyway. Did you die? Obviously not because you are still here reading this blog. Did your arms and legs spontaneously fall off? Nope. See, nothing that serious can happen. So now you have proven to yourself that you can live through your fear.
- If you knew you only had 1 month to live would you still be afraid of what you are afraid of? If the answer is NO then GO FOR IT!
- STOP WATCHING THE NEWS- Turn of CNN (or Constantly Negative News as I call it) Seriously STOP, its fake anyways. All our news is censored and is full of negativity and fear mongering. I haven’t watched traditional mainstream news in years and you know what? I have a lot less fear. It doesn’t mean you ignore important world issues, but there are other ways to get information these days then watching the news all day.
- CHECK YOUR TRIBE– We are all the average of the 5 people we hang around the most. If your friends are scared of everything most likely you will be too. Ask yourself if the people you hang around the most are scared of being healthy? of money? of success? being themselves? judgement? going for their dreams? etc. (If you did this mental inventory and found some issues then its time to start refreshing your tribe) Surround yourself with people that have the health, mindset, and lifestyle you want, because if you do you will start to attract those things to your reality as well.
- YOU ARE LOVE- Most importantly, remember that you were not made out of FEAR but of LOVE. Love is the only thing that is real in this world and is the the highest vibrational frequency that exists. When we tune into love, and I mean really tune into it, fear disappears.